Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Thoughts For The Day

I've been cleaning all day. ALLLLLLLL DAY! Well, I 've been cleaning in between feedings and wakeup/play times with my little smiley, that is! Yes, he is smiling and I LUV IT! Anyway, lots of thoughts have been going through my head today as I have scrubbed and folded and cleaned away!

1. Cleanliness is next to Godliness. I take that to heart.

2. I WANT a pedicure... bad. (Said while stomping and grunting like Jill!) It's been two months and my feet are suffering. And today I decided that if that's the only thing I can come up with to complain about I'm doing pretty good!

3. I love feta cheese. Couldn't eat it while I was pregnant. I love it so much I could eat it by the spoonful... and today I kinda did.

4. I have said in the past, and I hear others say this quite frequently that they love kids but they also love "to give them back." Meaning, they love playing with kids and taking care of them but at the end of the day they are glad these children have parents who are ultimately responsible for them. It dawned on me today that when you are a parent you are more than happy to take them back!

5. My husband can make something out of absolutely nothing. I will stare in the refrigerator and the cabinets and I'm like, "Okay, let's just order pizza tonight." John will then come in and make a gourmet meal out of salt and pepper. I am very thankful for that but I wish I had that ability. He can do the same thing with clothing. The other day I could not find anything to wear and he came in and put together a fabulous outfit for me. That is pretty good for a woman who is post-pregnancy and can't fit in to anything in her closet and is SICK OF her maternity clothes. And yes, this is the same husband who wears cowboy boots and lives for hunting. I have decided that I am lucky he has these qualities, although I have to admit I am also a bit jealous!

6. I think Blockbuster was invented for parents of infants. Those who can't go out to a movie but desperately need to relax and spend a couple of hours in a far off fantasy land, in the cozy comfort of there home with their newborn baby!

7. After I published this post I read it and realized that I posted twice about how bad I wanted a pedicure... which proves to me that I REALLY should go get one soon!

That's about it! I know you care way more about pics of Brooks and way less about my thoughts - so I promise I'll post pics of Smiley soon!

3 comments:

Joyous said...

Brittany...I just found your blog and can I just say you crack me up! :) Reading your blog has given me a much needed smile this morning!

Have a great rest of the week!!

Doreen Larson Michael said...

Loved your blog!! Reminded me of days long,long ago. I mean really long ago.

I think one of those paragraphs made me think of myself. Ned and I love our GrandBabies, but love it when Mommy and Daddy pick them up. Although, I must add that in about an hour after they are gone, we miss them. I have found myself doing something around the house and think the little one is there and then you realize that they are safely home with their parents. God's answer to any parents prayer!!

Yes, where are the pics?!!!

Hey, since I am keeping Smiley while you are at a meeting - why don't you run into town and get that pedicure? Now, if GranDaddy wanted to he could watch him and then we could both go!!! - Maybe when Brooks is a little older.

Love, Mommy

Ansley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Blog Archive

First Year Video Montage