Monday, May 11, 2009

A Very Simple Mother's Day

Yesterday was a very relaxing and wonderful Mother's Day for all of the mom's in the Michael Family. We woke up Sunday morning a little late and rushed to get ready for church. About 10 minutes before we were to head out the door, my mom called and said they were skipping out on church. What!? It would definitely the first Mother's Day I have missed church but we decided to slow it down and just go to mom's for breakfast. Candice and her family where there and Jackson stopped by for a little while. Tiff and her family were at church so we ate breakfast and waited for them to arrive for lunch!

The rest of the day is pretty much summed up by this picture of Baleigh and Brooks.

We all sat around the pool, grilled out and watched all the kids play together. We pondered what it will be like 9 months from now with four more running around in the mix. Whew, just the thought wears me out but I can't wait! We spent about an hour trying to come up with a name for the new baby boy arriving in October but we were not successful.

We also visited a house down the road that was foreclosed. Big, beautiful, craftsman-style house. It is for sale now and since it has two kitchens, two master bedrooms and a pool surrounded by 5 acres, my sister Candice and I decided that we are going to sale our houses so we can buy this one, and our families can just live together. We laughed thinking how we could take turns cooking dinner and watching the kids for each other. The side by side tree swings and cute little brick well house in the front yard helped us make this decision. Now if we could just convince John and Justin!

We came home before dark and Brooks and I played and cuddled and fell asleep on the couch... while John and our neighbor worked on Suzy-Q. That's what I call the Suzuki!!!

All in all, the day was pretty much like most Sunday's for our family, with the exception of playing rookie and receiving fun gifts!!! I felt like should have given Brooks a gift for being the sweetest son and for making me a mommy!

Hope everyone had a wonderful Mother's Day as well!!!

post signature

2 comments:

Brittany Wardlow said...

Thank you for making me the happiest mother in all the world. And, thank you for being the mother that I could only dream you would be. You are absolutely w-o-n-d-e-r-f-u-l.

Unknown said...

BRITTANY- I WAS A WARDLOW BEFORE I WAS MARRIED. BORN IN ARKANSAS AND NOW LIVE IN IONE- CALIF- THERE ARN'T TO MANY OF US OUT THERE. I CAN SEE YOU ARE A FAMILY GIRL. MY FAMILY IS EVERYTHING TO ME. OF COARSE I AM NOW 49. MY NAME IS NANETTE (WARDLOW) PICCARDO NOW.

Blog Archive

First Year Video Montage