Wednesday, January 21, 2009

My 1-Week Old... WHAT?

Baby Center has been a friend of mine for quite some time. My friend Elly introduced this website to me when I became pregnant. I subscribed to the weekly email updates to keep up with little Brooks as he was growing. Every week I would get an email titled "Your Pregnancy: Week 28," and so on. Once he was born, I received monthly updates titled "Your 1-month old" or "Your 11-month old." Well, just recently I was surprised to read the new title of my updates: "Your 1-week old Toddler."

TODDLER!?! Where does the time go?

Here is an update on my (now almost two-week) old toddler:


- His vocabulary consists of the following words: mama, dada, duck, goose, sit, uh-oh, dog and dude. He also mimicks things we say, words and sounds.
- He laughs at himself while he plays, I guess he cracks himself up!
- He has 8 teeth and I am almost positive he is working on his molars.
- He is officially addicted to the pacifier, but only at bed time. He doesn't really use it during the day.
- The child will eat ANYTHING! And whatever anyone around him is eating is fair game.
- He is almost walking. He has taken steps but has not taken off!
- His new thing is laying his head down on your lap just to be affectionate. He will crawl up to our dog, Goose, and lay his head on his back and will hug him until Goose has had enough. It is his way of saying, "I love you!"



- He loves to dance. Put music on and he is dancing!
- The transition from bottle to sippy cup was a breeze. He is not loving the cold milk but he is slowly getting used to it. He is not using bottles at all. He has developed a preference for Mayfield Whole Milk!
- At his one year well visit he weighed 21 pounds and was 29.5 inches long. He is in the 35 percentile for length and 25 percentile for weight which is a drastic difference from the past.
- And my favorite part of him being a one year old is his new, comfy carseat and the fact that he can sit facing forward! As you can tell, he enjoys it very much!



That is about it for now! John and I have been going back and forth about when we want to have our second child. At first we thought this summer would be a good time to start thinking about it. Over Christmas we decided we wanted to wait a little longer than this summer. Now, we are not sure. We want our children to be close in age but we are sure enjoying Brooks so much. So, we are in between right now, not sure which route we will take. But we will see!

I still need to post one year old pictures, birthday party pictures and a few Christmas pictures. So, I may do a picture post soon!


post signature

5 comments:

jill said...

When did Brooks get so big? Didn't I just see him Sunday??

ansley13 said...

Aw, I love 1 yr olds. Everything they do is so cute and new. BTW your Brooks ticker says he is 1 yr and 6 mths.

Doreen Larson Michael said...

This was really fun to read. Brooks is a doll and I love seeing the pics of him as well as reading all the new little things he says and does. Can't wait to get all of you here close by so we can see you everyday!!

CityStreams said...

I love that picture of him hugging Goose! That's one to frame. What a sweetheart. :o)

We're waiting at least another year before we try for another one. My sister's getting married in May and I don't want to go through the stress of a baby and a wedding at the same time!

CityStreams said...

That would be May of 2010.

Blog Archive

First Year Video Montage