Wednesday, January 14, 2009

A Baby Changes Everything

My sister-in-law Jill has a beautiful, solid and very clear singing voice. She sings in the praise team at our church. I absolutely love hearing her sing whether it is at church or at my very own wedding! The Sunday before Christmas the service began with Jill singing the Faith Hill song called "A Baby Changes Everything." We all know I am very emotional, but I barely got through the first verse and chorus of Jill singing this song before the tears started streaming down. Between the struggles she went through to finally become pregnant with the triplets, and the symbolism of the words to the birth of baby Jesus, it was just so beautiful. Jill got a standing ovation and I don't know how she made it through the song with out crying.

Those four simple words "a baby changes everything" are so amazingly true, in SO many ways.

By the time she got to the "Halelujah" part, it was over for me. I was absolutely bawling. I warned Jill after church to never do that to me again with out a little prior warning;)

If you have never heard this song, you can listen to it on You Tube on the following link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtZd8QMEkZk


post signature

1 comment:

Doreen Larson Michael said...

First, let me begin by telling you how much I love your "private" blog. Brooks' Christmas photo is one of my very favorites and I love seeing it when I open up your blog. It will be so much un for GranDaddy and MaMommieMia to ke ep up with our FIRST born Grandson and his sweet Mommy and Daddy.

Secondly, I was so glad that my Dad and Mickie were able to hear Jill sing and also hear her beautiful testimony on all she and Jackson went through during the past year and a half and how their faith in God brought them to this blessed time in their lives.

Love you!

Blog Archive

First Year Video Montage