Friday, January 9, 2009

Josh Darnell

Please keep my friend Josh and his family in your prayers. Josh was a high school friend. I first met him at Watkinsville First United Methodist Church (my old church from my childhood.) My senior year, we got to be good friends. Below is the email I received from Kelli (Miller) Magee today and she received this from another close friend of ours and of Josh's, Erin.

Hey ladies, I hope this finds you having a nice day. I have news to deliver from Melissa. Josh was involved in an explosion yesterday in Afghanistan. He has shrapnel in his pelvis and abdomen, but not near any vital organs. He has some burns on his face, and his arm was shattered. Most of these injuries are on his right side. He has had surgery on his arm and is expected to regain full range of motion in it. He has also had more surgery to clean out his wounds, and he could possibly have more surgeries in the future. He is currently in Kadahar , but they are hoping to move him to Bagram soon. He will then be moved to Germany and stateside after that to either Washington or Texas. Melissa has talked to him, and he said it could have been much worse. Two of his men were killed and many others were injured. I've attached a link from CNN about the attack. Start praying hard and pass on the word to friends and family to pray for him and his men to recover and to travel safely back to the states. I'll keep you posted on anything else I hear today and in the coming days. Love you, Erin http://english.aljazeera.net/news/asia/2009/01/2009195391166694.html

Thank you, Lord, for watching over Josh. Although he was injured, we are so thankful it was not worse.

Thank you for keeping him and his wife and family in your prayers.

Sincerely,

post signature

1 comment:

CityStreams said...

I had no idea! I will be praying for them. I'm so glad that he's alive.

Blog Archive

First Year Video Montage