Thursday, June 5, 2008

The Devil Wears Prada...

...and so do I!

Look at the FABULOUS NEW SUNGLASSES my mom and dad got me for my birthday!




It all started last summer on our family's summer vacation to Rosemary Beach. One word: Chanel. Ahhh, they were beautiful. But my husband would not let me drop half of our house payment for a month to purchase them. So close, but so very far away.

I understood. But I wanted them. Did I need them? Absolutely not. Still, I shamelessly wished to make that purchase.

Life went on and I very often referred back to those beautifully fabulous, untouchable, unREACHable Chanels. One day my sister and I were just casually looking at accessories online when she directed me to some amazing Prada sunglasses. They suddenly became my new Chanels.

Seeing as I obviously can not afford to go out and buy sunglasses that are priced outside of the $20 range, imagine my sheer excitement when I opened up my birthday present yesterday and saw a package from Bergdorf Goodman in New York!


It was the most beautiful cardboard box I'd ever seen.

I opened up the cardboard box to a silver BG box. Then to a black Prada box... then to a black Prada sunglass case! And, there they were. The best present my parents have ever given me (with the exception to life, of course!) They're beautiful. Sure, they might have some at Target that are similar, but mine are PRADA. Not Praga or Prago or Mossimo or Mossima. Prada!

I refer to my life a year ago as "pre-married life" and my life 5 months ago as "pre-baby life." Life before June 4, 2008? Well that was "pre-Prada!" THANK YOU, Mom and Dad!

*Note: Being the youngest of four, I tend to dramatize a bit. Please excuse me!

More importantly: check out Brooks in his shades. What a stud! I still need to post pictures from Memorial Day weekend when Brooks met John's family. Will do soon!


3 comments:

Suzanne said...

you are too cute, you little nerd! ;) those glasses ARE awesome! i love you, holy cow brooks is so cute i want to pinch those adorable cheeks!

Doreen Larson Michael said...

Happy Birthday to the Prada girl, herself, whose husband cannot pass up a Goodwill Store for NOTHING! Wonder why???

Love, Mommy -

CityStreams said...

They look STUNNING on you! I'm going to pretend not to be even the teensiest bit jealous. Is it working?

Brooks is such a cutie pie! I can't believe how much he's grown.

Blog Archive

First Year Video Montage