Thursday, September 10, 2009

Max at 34 weeks!!!

Today Brooks and I ventured to my OB for Max's 34-week check up. As we were driving to the doctor, it struck me that two weeks had passed since I had last been there. It felt more like 2 days and it is just crazy to me how fast this pregnancy has progressed. Wedding season is back and I am glad I am ready for this baby because the next five weeks are going to fly by.

Our little baby is about 4 pounds and growing just fine! He was so cute today when the nurse was checking his heartbeat. He would move from one side of my body to the other depending on where the nurse would squeeze the cold gel. My belly would literally go flat on one side and it felt so cool! I love it and I am going to miss that feeling! She had to chase him to get his little heartbeat.

One thing I have held on to this entire pregnancy is the fact that I do not want to be induced this go around. Well, I thought I didn't. But when I spoke with my doctor and John today we decided if the baby did not come before the week of his due date we would induce. I feel confident in the decision. There are many reasons why I changed my mind and I am super excited we will be able to plan it out again. The main reason I did not want to be induced was because I thought my episiotomy was a result of being induced. But that is not the case at all and the doctor assured me that more than likely I would not need that procedure with the second baby since we've been there done that, so to speak! He made the comment that he rarely cuts episiotomy's and does not do them routinely and he did not think it would be an issue.

Another reason we are going to be induced is because my labor went extremely fast with Brooks. I was induced at 8 am, my water broke at 1 pm and I shot up from 3 centimeters to 10 centimeters and delivered him by 2:30. The doctor said that with many (not all, but many) second labors the delivery tends to run about 2 hours shorter. That said, I would rather be in the hospital, WITH MY EPIDURAL and prepared for this baby than heading to the hospital once my water breaks. Plus, with John having to plan around work and us planning on Brooks staying with my parents it would be better to have everyone packed and ready to go!

So, that said I am a planner and do like for things to be "ready" so I feel better about this. All my reasons for not wanting to be induced were not medically in line so I don't have to worry about that anymore. And Brooks' labor went so smoothly.

So with many prayers in tow, and even more excitement, we head towards the final month of this pregnancy and are planning to have our sweet baby the week of the 12th. Lord and baby willing, it will all go smoothly and flawless and our decision will be the right one!!!

post signature

1 comment:

Doreen Larson Michael said...

Can't believe that I am just now reading your blog. You are a breath of fresh air. Keep writing. One day your family will look back over your writings and love you even more. If that is even possible.

Blog Archive

First Year Video Montage