Wednesday, April 8, 2009

BOY oh BOY!!!

This morning I went to my 12-week OB appointment. I was very excited to get there and find my favorite nurse from my old OB, now working for my new OB! I was also very shocked and very excited to find out the sex of our new baby, at only 12 and a half weeks pregnant! There is a definite little turtle sticking out between my very active little one's legs! The ultrasound tech was first like, "Well, that is probably a boy." As she and I (being the expert I am) continued to examine my sweet little baby, we came to the conclusion that is was "DEFINITELY" a boy! She did say not to paint any rooms blue yet because she can not give a 100 percent guarantee until 18 weeks, but it is quite obvious. We found the umbilical cord and concluded that the little stump was not the umbilical cord. She also stated that little girls have a little something sticking out in that area but it does NOT reach mid-thigh!

I have been all giggles since I found out. I did not think I would be finding out this soon and it is so fun knowing this early. As much as we would have loved to have welcomed the diversity of a precious little girl to our family, I have always imagine myself being the mommy of boys. I am so excited I can't see straight. The thought of my little Brooks having a little brother and best buddy for the rest of his life just thrills me. They will be so close in age and will literally grow up together. John was very excited as well. He couldn't believe I was calling with news that we were having another sweet little boy. He, like me, could not stop laughing. He was especially proud that the babies manhood was "already noticeable at only 12 weeks!" I have been telling him this whole time that I felt like I was growing another little fishing buddy for him, but he thought it was a girl! Mommy's instinct was RIGHT!!!

Did I mention I LOVE my new doctor? I am so happy with our decision to switch practices. Dr. Leach has ENCOURAGED me to keep running. I told him that I have not been running since I found out I was pregnant and he said that is fine, just to start back slowly and I will be fine. As long as I am not over doing it, then the baby will be just fine. He said I could run as long as it felt comfortable to me. Where was he during my first pregnancy!?

post signature

6 comments:

CityStreams said...

Congratulations!!! I am so excited for you! But I also wish I had such a great doctor. I need to find a new one but it's like searching for a needle in a haystack here. I almost wish that there weren't so many choices.

Suzanne said...

how awesome is that?!?! congrats, brit! the bond between brothers is amazing!

Ansley said...

congrats Brit!! so is remmington going to be an issue again?!?! ha! actually this girl i know has a friend who is having a baby that is naming him that. weird..

Brittany Wardlow said...

Another blessed little Baby boy coming into the Wardlow family. You and John are going to be precious parents of two handsome little men!! Ok, Michael family, the girls are only up by one. Who is next???

Ashley said...

Congratulations! I bet your son is going to love having a little brother!

jill said...

Brooks is going to be such a good big brother. The boys in the family are catching up!
I'm so glad you love Dr. Leach. I think he's the best too!

Blog Archive

First Year Video Montage