Tuesday, November 20, 2007

First Baby Shower, 32-week check up

Time is flying! This past weekend I had my first baby shower. I feel so blessed to have such a wonderful church family as well as such a wonderful family in general! Our baby was showered with a slew of essentials and now it is my job to start getting organized! Right now I am feeling crafty and ready to "get ready!" It is, however, proving to be a large task with Thanksgiving this week, a trip to Texas coming up and Christmas right around the corner. Today, my afternoon consisted of a shopping trip where I purchased baby thank you cards, Christmas gifts, maternity clothes (he's growing) and fixin's for Thanksgiving all at once! Whew!

So, the baby is doing great! The nurse kind of threw me by surprise me when she said that I could possibly be induced at 38 weeks if everything is still going so smoothly. Which to me, just screamed - "YOU MAY HAVE ONLY 6 MORE WEEKS TO PREPARE!" And I have to be prepared. We are getting there, slowly but surely. Not to mention, John's parents are coming in this weekend to stay with us.

So, lesson learned for those of you out there looking have a little one: you may not want to get pregnant in late April... you'll be very stressed come holiday season! It is, however, an extremely fun and amazing feeling to wake up every day and know we are that much closer to meeting that little precious in my belly who rolls around each day!!! It's definitely worth it :)

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

yae!!! brit brat is back on blogging!!! i've been SOOOO wondering how your beautiful life has been going! your wedding pics are absolutely beautiful and i can't wait to love on that belly in a couple of weeks!!! LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!!

Blog Archive

First Year Video Montage