Wednesday, May 7, 2008

DOES NOT Work For Me - Times Two!







Welcome to my first contribution to WFMW. I have been reading this blog carnival each week and have learned many new and exciting tips from other bloggers about things that "work for them!" This week is a themed edition entitled "Doesn't Work For Me." Seeing as though I have become both a wife and mom in the past year, I have found a lot of things that do not work for me so I thought this would be the perfect week to jump in!

Here are the top two things that just do NOT work for me:

1. MEETINGS AT NIGHT: My job allows me to make my own schedule. I love it and I love my job. I am free! I can plan my weeks around my family and my work and make sure they are both being tended to the way they should be! However, before I was married, and before I became a mom, I was able to be very flexible as to when I could meet with clients. Most clients wanted to meet at night, and that was fine with me. I liked having my days to run errands, exercise and work from home. I did not mind meeting at night. Well, with the changes through out the past year I have found that working at night DOES NOT work for me!

It throws our entire routine off, and if you know my husband you know he is avid about his routine! So, I'm in the process of making positive changes so that I will no longer need to meet with clients at night during the week. I am looking forward to this change and I know being at home each night with my family will definitely work for me!


2. NOT EXERCISING: I love to exercise. I love sports. I love to run, play basketball, softball or do anything that makes you sweat and feel skinny at the end of the day! I love to work out in the gym, and before I became pregnant, I had a fabulous trainer who kept me in shape. My favorite form of exercise is running. Nothing starts my day better than waking up early in the morning for a nice long run, or running so long that you wake up sore and rubbery the next day. I love it! However, when it comes to exercise I am an all or nothing girl... which is my main problem.

Well, in the past year my exercise regimine has gone doooooooooown hill. And I am very anxious to get back in shape. When I exercise I feel more alive and have way more energy than when I do not exercise. I miss exercising and am determined to get back in to it very soon. I want to learn to play tennis, and take 7 mile runs again. I want to actually use that gym membership that automatically gets deducted from my bank account once a month. I have enjoyed taking my son for strolls in the park, but it's just not cutting it. Not exercising (REAL exercise) does NOT work for me!

Find out what doesn't work for other people at this week's edition of WFMW, over at
Rocks in my Dryer.

3 comments:

CityStreams said...

I was right there with you until the part about loving to run. Then you lost me! No news there, though! It's hard for me to use the gym membership too because I feel guilty for taking Bri to the kid care area. And I'm not allowed to wear her in the papoose while I work out. So I'm looking forward to using the outdoor pool this summer for my "excercise," ahem,and laying out!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your comment! Being a wedding coordinator must be super-huge fun! What girl doesn't love weddings?

BTW, your little man is beautiful! :)

Doreen Larson Michael said...

Citystreams sounds like my kind of girl. Swimming is the best exercise of all. At least that is what they say. I always say I am going to try it and love to get in the pool but to relax. Maybe this year, Brittany and I can exercise together - IN THE POOL!!!

Thank you for the good advise.

Blog Archive

First Year Video Montage